Who we are
Our website address is: businessfunding.com.au and we trade as Business Funding Services in Australia under ABN: 82 641 968 523
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We understand and value the importance of your privacy and thank you for trusting us with your personal information. The website businessfunding.com.au and all its subpages are owned (either directly or under license) and operated by Business Funding Services (ABN 82 641 968 523).
This policy explains;
- How and when Business Funding Services collects personal information;
- What types of personal information Business Funding Services collects;
- How Business Funding Services holds and stores personal information;
- Why Business Funding Services would collect, hold, use and/or disclose personal information;
- What parties may receive your personal information;
- How to access and correct personal information held by Business Funding Services;
- How to make a complaint regarding our handling of personal information;
- Website usage, cookies and third-party websites;
- Our contact details;
2. How and when Business Funding Services collects personal information
We may receive personal information from you as you interact with us over our website, email, phone, in person or in any other capacity.
This includes when you;
- Submit a website form enquiring to speak to a finance broker;
- Submit a website form enquiring about advice for financing options for your business;
- Contact us requesting enquiring about advice;
- Contact us for any purpose by telephone, via mail, e-mail or online;
- You visit our website (including when you request a quote);
- We supply any other products or services to you; or
- We occasionally collect personal information about customers or potential customers from a third party or a publicly available source, or from marketing and similar lists legally acquired by us.
3. What personal information Business Funding Services collect
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold will depend on who submits the information to us and the circumstances of the submission, i.e. whether you are a customer, service provider, job applicant or other stakeholder.
This personal information can include;
- Personal and contact information: Personal information includes your name, address, and contact details including phone and/or email address.
- Business information: This includes your company’s name, ABN, address, and general information about your business that can help us ascertain your financing needs including what industry it operates in, years of operation, number of employees.
- Financial information about you and your business: Financial information includes your financing preferences (including type of finance, amount and term preferences), your company’s financial information (includes all information available in your annual accounts and also other information such as customer payment terms).
- Credit history: We may collect data on your credit worthiness such as your credit score and other information about how you have managed borrowings in the past. We do not run credit checks without your expressed permission.
- Any other data that will help us best analyse your financing needs.
3.1 Sensitive personal information
Sensitive personal information includes information about a person’s health, race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences and criminal history. Business Funding Services would only collect such information in the event that it was necessary to provide you with a service such as may be the case in terms of medical data for providing insurance options for small business owners. We only collect sensitive information with your consent.
4. How Business Funding Services holds and stores personal information
Business Funding Services holds your personal information in electronic form and/or hardcopy. We take the security of your personal data seriously and take steps to ensure that the data is stored securely and is guarded from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Security measures for electronic data include passwords, firewalls and virus scanning software to protect your information from unauthorised access.
- Hardcopy data is stored in premises protected by locks and security cameras.
- Internal staff with access to personal information are trained, audited and monitored with regards to our privacy policies.
- Personal information is kept on an as-needed basis only and destroyed or de-identified once no longer required (by law or internal policies).
- Reasonable steps have been taken to ensure your privacy is maintained in the case of overseas storage or transfer of information.
5. Why Business Funding Services collects, holds, uses and/or discloses personal information
Personal information is collected, held, used and disclosed for multiple purposes including to;
- Answer requests from our customers;
- Establish the identity of those who contact us;
- Deliver services to our customers, including finance broking services;
- Provide, maintain and improve our customer service;
- Provide information to our customers about products, services or offers;
- Meet the requirements of our participating providers including banks, non-bank financial services companies and investors;
- Meet regulatory and legal obligations;
- Deal with any legal or commercial complaints and issues;
- Consider job applicants;
- Carry out internal functions including training;
- For direct marketing purposes (see 5.1 below);
- Conduct marketing research and analysis; and
- To analyze and test the performance and operations of our website and social media efforts.
5.1 Direct Marketing
We occasionally contact customers or potential customers by mail, telephone, email, SMS or social media with information about products or services offered by us, our partners or our participating providers that may be of interest to you. We also send articles and other business finance related information to customers who have asked to be added to our mailing list. If you at any time would like to opt out of receiving direct marketing, please contact us using the details at the end of this document or email “Unsubscribe’ to email@example.com
6. What parties may receive your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to parties that we work with in order to service you better. For instance, our participating providers will receive customer data if the customer has requested information about the products or services supplied by our partners or providers. We endeavor to inform you, whenever possible, at or before collecting your information, if we will be sharing it and if so with what parties the information will be shared.
Parties who may receive your personal information include;
- Providers who serve our customer’s financing needs including banks, non-banks finance companies and professional and private investors. We encourage our customers to read our participating providers’ privacy policies;
- Professional advisors including finance brokers, lawyers or auditors;
- Contractors including IT service providers, financial institutions or marketing agencies;
- Government or law enforcement agencies, or;
- Any person acting on your behalf including lawyers, trustees or executors.
Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties if required by law, including situations for which you have previously provided your consent. Consent may be considered written, oral or implied from your conduct. In all situations where your personal information is disclosed, we will take all reasonable measures to ensure that these relevant third parties continue to protect your privacy.
6.1 Overseas Disclosure
Some of our contractors and service providers are located overseas and we may therefore divulge your personal information to overseas recipients. This includes recipients in Singapore, the Philippines, the United States, New Zeeland, India and the European Union.
We use third party platforms to securely store and deliver information, some of which are located overseas. This includes the use of cloud storage.
7. How you can access your personal information and seek correction of it
We rely on the personal information we hold in conducting our business and it is very important that the information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Our Privacy Officer is available to assist you in accessing the personal information we hold about you. If you believe that your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, and irrelevant or misleading, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided at the end of this document. We will take reasonable steps to investigate and correct any information found to be incorrect. Our investigation may include contacting third parties to investigate your complaint and thus the resolution of any request may take up to 30 days.
Situations where we would be unable to provide you with your details include exceptions permitted by law such as if the information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others, is unlawful or prejudice, is related to law enforcement, if the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and would not normally be accessible as part of those proceedings, or if the request is frivolous and vexatious.
8. How to make a privacy complaint
Should you feel that we have not adequately responded to your privacy complaints, or if you simply want more information about the Australian Privacy Principles or Code, contact the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au.
9. Website usage, cookies and third-party websites
While our website is professionally hosted, please note that there are risks inherent in transmitting personal information over the internet.
10. Contact Us
The Privacy Officer
Business Funding Services
Level 33, Australia Square
Sydney NSW 2000
We will occasionally change this the Privacy to remain up to date with the latest updates and changes to Australian or international codes, laws and/or regulations and also to remain inline with latest best practice in terms of privacy principles. We may also change this policy to include any new products or services that we may introduce in the future.